Why Go Green?
Making your business greener confers a number of benefits, some obvious and some that you might not think of:
- Save money. A business that increases energy efficiency, reduces waste, achieves regulatory compliance, and streamlines purchasing will successfully improve the bottom line.
- Earn consumer and community trust. Clients and customers want to know that the businesses they patronize exhibit corporate responsibility.
- Comply with government regulations. Companies should always ensure regulatory compliance. Being out of compliance can be dangerous and costly.
- Create new market opportunities. As the market trends towards sustainable processes and products, going green can help a business be competitive.
- Increase efficiency and productivity. By implementing smart greening strategies, a business will streamline its processes and run more smoothly and cost effectively.
- Cultivate employee trust and loyalty by creating a safer, healthier workplace. Involving employees in the process of going green can generate enthusiasm and increase commitment to the company.
- Reduce your carbon footprint by reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Businesses that take steps to go green can greatly decrease their environmental impacts.