Worker Health and Safety
All businesses must comply with the regulations of the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA).
Issues related to worker health and safety affect every business. The following are the most frequently cited OSHA standards. Click on the associated links to find additional information:
- Written hazard communication program
- Training on hazardous chemicals
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- OSHA's Hazard Communication page (for information on the above 3 topics)
- Employee injury/illness log
- OSHA's Recordkeeping page
- Respiratory protection
- OSHA's Respiratory Protection eTool
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- PPE Fact Sheet
- Eye & Face Protection eTool
In Pennsylvania, small businesses can receive free assistance with their health and safety needs through the OSHA Consultation Program located a the Indiana University of Pennsylvania. CLICK HERE for more information.